Technically, this won't be my first time to teach. It will, however, be the first time I will be on salary as a full-time employee. Which is, as most of the other teachers out there, both terrifying and exciting to enter into. There are so many rules, objectives, and procedures to be followed.
But you know what? I'm excited.
This is going to be great. I know how important it is to go into a classroom with confidence and optimism. It's hard not to think of all of the "what if's" of education (although, in my defense, that's part of my job too.)
I am teaching a new content for me, which also includes a much younger group of students, developmentally and academically. This in itself is a tough transition for me, but there is major restructuring going on in my content, so I will get to work with my team to redevelop the class. Such a great opportunity. My team leader is great and when I observed her classroom, I loved the way it functioned.
I'm employed at a school that already knows me. I already have a great support team there, and the administration is great. I had no idea if I would have a job or not this year (see first blog).
But God is good,
all the time,
but this time He provided.
I'm reminded today, even as I read a mundane employee handbook and prepare for meeting with my team, of optimism and faith. I consider myself to have these in my life already, but today, in a beautiful way, I feel them shoved in my face once again so as not to forget. Another beautiful chance to glorify not myself but my God, and feel so very thankful for what I've been given.
This is my first year of teaching, and sure it may feel intimidating. But there's no need to stress. This is going to be tough and beautiful, but I know I have the credentials to do this and the support that I need to make this a successful new adventure in my life.
Just remind me if I start to get down. Accountability, my friends, accountability.
No comments:
Post a Comment