Friday, June 28, 2013

Syncing your Grocery List

So, if you're like me, you have good intentions with your grocery list..... 
Really, you do. 

http://aproverbswife.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/10060-oakley-falling-tide-dress-womens-med.jpgBut then, you make your list, hey you may even write down coupons you have. You stop by the grocery store after work, find your coupon file in your purse....then you realize it's happened. 

You've left the list on the refrigerator...again. 

So then you call your spouse, who is, unfortunately, still at work, to try to desperately remember as much as you can from the list since you're already at the store and don't want to waste this opportunity.


How's that working out for you?

So I remember looking for an app awhile back that could serve as a grocery list; I even tried a notepad app on my phone. But it didn't organize well, and I still found myself texting my husband asking him if there was anything else we needed from the store. He doesn't always respond immediately. 

So then a few months ago I found the "Out of Milk" app. Here are the major reasons why I'll find it hard to go back to a normal grocery list:
  • It's organized: And you can make your own headings (like frozen, fresh, health) and order them the way you want to go through the store. You can also reorder the items within each section if you'd like as well. I also have a home improvement section and leave it on there for when I go to store other than the grocery store.
  • Coupon use: I don't extreme coupon, but I do have some coupons that I use. This app has a way that you can attach a note to the item you're purchasing with the coupon amount and it puts a green tag next to the item so you don't forget to pull the coupon at the checkout line. It'll even calculate the total of your purchases and coupon amounts if you type in what you need.
  • Bar code scanner: You can scan a barcode and add it to your grocery list. So before throwing out your favorite cereal, you can scan the barcode and add it back to your list.
  • Pantry List: It gives you the opportunity to add in what you already have in your pantry so you don't overbuy (its example is for spices). Honestly, I don't use this function of the app yet, but I understand how it can be useful.

  • FAVORITE FUNCTION: SYNC! The app is able to sync to other app users....implications? My husband has the app on his phone, so no matter who is able to stop at the store, they have the list. Or, either one of you can add things to the list. If you remember something in the middle of the day, you can add it and you don't have to have conversations every time you go to the store to make sure you're picking everything up. Parent of a teen? Think of the possibilities...
Anyways, try it out. It's free, easy to use, and able to share with others in your family to use as well. 

http://www.scandit.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/out_of_milk_blog-570x194.png

No comments:

Post a Comment